My Therapist Claims There's Hope

He also said Nick is a puss infected SLUT.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Happy day? Yeah, happy day.....here.

I'm sitting on my deck. I hear grand fireworks all around me. Must be a community celebrating early. I even think I hear cheering. Ah, nostalgia. Then I begin to think, this is what people going through war must hear. The sounds from a distance, and even some up close, must be the same. It sounds like bombing and gunfire. Luckily I know in my brain that it is merely a celebration. But I feel empathy for those who live every day with these sounds and don't feel safe, and know that is no celebration they are hearing. They are hearing the sounds of death. It makes me sad.

I am proud of my country and thrilled to celebrate it's birthday, but the sounds bring to life for me an all too real feeling of what others are going through and have gone through. So, on this birthday of our great land I have one hope and that is for peace, world peace. I know, it is a simple little hope, but surely some day we will tire of killing each other and learn to live in harmony. We all have to die some day, why bring it on ourselves?

I know, I'm a silly girl. But if I give up on world peace then I'd REALLY be depressed.

Happy Birthday America, you old goat. The National Anthem still makes me cry. Thank you to all of the men and women who have fought, died and lived to protect our freedom. My granddaughter is upstairs sleeping safely and soundly because of you. We will never be able to repay you. Ever.

8 Comments:

  • At July 03, 2006 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well said my dear.

     
  • At July 04, 2006 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Imagine all the people...... hug a tree or two...

     
  • At July 04, 2006 11:51 AM, Blogger Melanie was here said…

    Dave - thanks.

    Anon - because I want peace I'm a tree hugger? John Lennon did have it right though.

     
  • At July 05, 2006 7:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well said!

     
  • At July 05, 2006 1:03 PM, Blogger Lo Lo Lova said…

    Give peace a chance!!
    How many more men & women have to die??? REALLY!

     
  • At July 05, 2006 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Take a look at Greg Saber reports from Iraq. This is why sacrifice is sometimes necessary. http://www.wtam.com/cc-common/iraq/

     
  • At July 05, 2006 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As many as it takes to stop Islamofascisim before they kill you. There were 9,500 casulties the FIRST DAY of the D Day invasion. What we were fighting for then was well worth the sacrafice as is the reason we fight today.

     
  • At July 06, 2006 8:55 AM, Blogger Lo Lo Lova said…

    Dave, I checked out your site. While the story about the children's hospital made me very sad, I also feel sad for the children in the USA whose parents do not have insurance and cannot afford to take them to the hospital. I feel sorry for the starving people here in the US. I feel sorry for the families living in depressed areas here in the US. My heart breaks for unadopted children here in the US. Everyone is always trying to save the world. How about saving our own country? That's all I'm saying...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home