My Therapist Claims There's Hope

He also said Nick is a puss infected SLUT.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Leftovers? We don't need no stinkin' leftovers.

No Kitty. That's a bad Kitty. That's MY pot pie.....

Contrary to popular belief (OK, Dave's belief) we actually used our tons of left over pot roast. I made two for Saturday night dinner. Marinated them overnight with my own special blend and then slow roasted them all day Saturday. I had rave reviews....hopefully everyone was being honest.

So....as we are cleaning up Dave says to throw the leftovers away. Needless to say I threw stuff and had a regular hissy fit. I was pissed. I put the roast leftovers away and vowed that we would eat every bite or die trying.

Last night I put some extra virgin olive oil in a pan with some seasonings and cut the roast very thin. I got everything else ready for dinner (steamed carrots and mashed potatoes) and then quickly pan fried the roast. It was delicious. Dave ate every bite.

Tonight I decided to get crazy. I got out my Betty Crocker cook book. Look out. I just needed to get a quick idea how to make a pie crust. I made my pie crust and let it sit while I sauteed diced carrots, celery, onion, garlic and some seasonings. I took out the pot roast (the LEFTOVER pot roast) and pulled it apart. I added that to the sauteeing veggies with some of the juice that I had saved. I let that cook for a few. I added a little flour to thicken that goodness up. In the meantime, I rolled out the dough for the bottom of the pie pan. Layed the bottom layer and then spread a nice even layer of mashed potatoes. I poured the meat/veggie mixture on top of the potatoes with the rest of the mashed potatoes on top. Then rolled out the top of the crust and put that on. I even did a nice pinching thing around the outside of the crust. I baked it at 350 for 40 minutes.

Let me just say that Dave thought it was so good that not only did that bitch have seconds, he said he could eat the whole thing! I think I proved my point.

So, not only am I usually right apparently I am also a good cook! Who wants to come for dinner?

10 Comments:

  • At June 13, 2006 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    True, we generally throw away leftovers as they begin to stink but Mel outdid herself tonight. The pot pie was excellent and though I didn't need another serving, I ate it anyway. My favorite line about leftovers is that they make you feel good twice. Once when you put them away vowing to save money by eating them more than once and then again when you throw them out, getting that stank out of the frig and making room for more. BTW, I made some of the best corn on the cob so far this year. Mel didn't eat any but I managed 4 ears.

     
  • At June 14, 2006 6:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mmmmm... I'm all about some roast AND corn on the cob... Let me give you my address!

     
  • At June 14, 2006 9:10 AM, Blogger Lo Lo Lova said…

    Wow, you are Super Cook. I would never spend that much time and energy and creativity on food. I'm impressed. Yeah, that's right. I said it. I'm impressed!

    PS: If you're going with the SouthPark theme, why not put a picture of Chef on there? Is it because of the Scientology issue??

     
  • At June 14, 2006 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'll come over for dinner. Well, when I have time I'll come over for dinner. :)

    Dave-Only 4 ears??? I'm highly dissappointed! I know you can do much better than that! :)

     
  • At June 14, 2006 12:25 PM, Blogger Ubermilf said…

    I like pot roast.

     
  • At June 14, 2006 10:11 PM, Blogger Melanie was here said…

    Dave - perhaps now when I ask you to put the leftovers away you will do so and I won't have to throw anything.

    Nan- you are welcome any time!

    Lo Lo - it was no big thing. I love to cook. Also, I used Cartman because he is the one who says "No kitty....." Also, Scientology is made up and stupid.

    Sue - I'll see you this fall when your schedule lightens up! Fridays will be back on!

    Ubie - I like calling my hubby a bitch.

     
  • At June 15, 2006 7:17 PM, Blogger Spirit Of Owl said…

    So good you ate it twice.

     
  • At June 15, 2006 7:42 PM, Blogger Melanie was here said…

    tonight we shall make it thrice.

     
  • At June 16, 2006 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    For those looking for a new post from Mel today(Fri.), she is home with a headache. She has been hitting the snooze button for over 4 hours so far. Hard to believe but true. She is slowly coming off some meds so maybe that has something to do with it.

     
  • At June 16, 2006 9:18 PM, Blogger Scarlet Hip said…

    I've always said that all of the best recipes were invented by using leftovers. I'm a chef, so I know these things.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home