My Therapist Claims There's Hope

He also said Nick is a puss infected SLUT.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I'm making progress

I did something yesterday that I never do. I spoke to my neighbor! In fact, I invited her in for a tour and a glass of wine. That's just how I roll. Anyway, I hate speaking to people I don't know. Anyone who knows me knows this. I'm very antisocial when at home. I am actually very shy. And convinced that I'll say something stupid and the person won't like me. Whatever. I totally talked to my neighbor!!

Also, here are some things that make me smile:

The smell of my house when I first walk in after a hard day at work.

My family

Finishing the laundry

Finding an awesome deal on a shirt or pair of pants

Sleeping in

Waking up in the middle of the night and realizing I have more time to sleep

The day I notice that the leaves have changed colors in the fall

When my pants that were a bit snug are loose

Feeling loved

When my dog farts and then whips her head around to see what the hell came out of her ass and then looks at me like I did it

Entertaining

My husband

Catching snow flakes on my tongue

Solving a problem

Being a good friend

Remembering incredible vacations

Fresh coffee

You :-)


11 Comments:

  • At June 07, 2006 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No. Mel is pretty cool. Notice when she got to me the ink color changed.

     
  • At June 07, 2006 8:35 PM, Blogger Melanie was here said…

    I post something that touching and moving and you call me a dork???? Nice.

     
  • At June 07, 2006 8:35 PM, Blogger Melanie was here said…

    Thanks honey. Glad you have my back!

     
  • At June 07, 2006 8:37 PM, Blogger Scarlet Hip said…

    I'm sorry. You're right. It was very touching. I was particularly moved when you spoke of your dog farting. I got a little teary-eyed and everything.

    That's how I roll.

     
  • At June 08, 2006 8:49 AM, Blogger Momma Janks said…

    which neighbor? did they accept? how'd that go?

     
  • At June 08, 2006 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    the farting was great!

     
  • At June 08, 2006 10:39 AM, Blogger Ubermilf said…

    I never realized how much I force myself to socialize with strangers until Sun.

    ÜberYounger peed on the hostess's (brand new, big ass rich person's house) carpeting. We didn't have spare clothes because she's (usually) potty trained. She then commenced to having 3 bouts of diarrhea (on the toilet this time!) in the master bath.

    I was grateful I could leave the party and sit with her while Dilf bought emergency clothes and undies at Wal-Mart.

    In short: I feel you, dawg.

     
  • At June 08, 2006 11:14 AM, Blogger Fella said…

    What's up, Smelanie?

     
  • At June 08, 2006 11:14 AM, Blogger Fella said…

    Also, Ubermilf saying "I feel you, dawg" is hilarious.

     
  • At June 08, 2006 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like a lot of the things you listed - especially the waking up and then realising you can get shed loads more shut eye in before you have to get up. Nice.

    I also love the smell of new electronic goods and new cars. Mmmmm....new.

     
  • At June 08, 2006 3:46 PM, Blogger Lo Lo Lova said…

    "And convinced that I'll say something stupid and the person won't like me." You should be convinced - for good reason. Douche bag!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home