My Therapist Claims There's Hope

He also said Nick is a puss infected SLUT.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Dude, we're getting a Dell, and other stuff

I killed our Gateway computer. Not sure how I did it, but I did. On Thursday night I loaded MS Works so that we had a word processing program. The CD I used actually came with the computer. The old Gateway couldn't handle it and she rolled over and died. We can't even get the beyotch to turn on. So today I ordered a Dell laptop. I am SO excited. I have wanted a laptop for years. I can't wait to experience the freedom of computing from wherever I please! I may get my lawn chair out and go sit in the driveway and do some stuff on the new computer.

In other news, I haven't been taking my meds (lexapro). Not an intentional thing. I ran out. Forgot to call in refill and then forgot to pick up the refill. Let me tell you, by today I could totally feel the difference. I sort of noticed over the weekend. I went to Hillarities Comedy Club on Friday night and started crying at the opening video thingy they had about Moms. Luckily it was dark and no one saw. Think I was pretty much ok on Saturday, though I did nap most of the day. Sunday (y'day) I cried several times. Once was from the awesome gift my Niece Julia gave me. Then driving home after leaving my family while reflecting on what a perfectly lovely day it was.....even if I am not technically a Mom. Started crying. Then this morning driving to work they were doing this recap thing of Len Barker's perfect game 25 years ago and I STARTED CRYING! Hmmmm, think something is up? Oh, did I mention that the crying is mixed in with complete irritability? And no, I am not having PMS - that was last week. And though I'm sure he'll disagree, the hubby could have been a little more loving and stuff yesterday. I am always ultra sensitive on Mother's Day anyway, but this year was worse. AND I am the stepmom of his kids. He walks in, gives all the ladies a kiss and tells them Happy Mother's Day (yep, I'm literally the only woman there who is not a mother). He doesn't even kiss me!!! MY Mom had to say, Uh Dave she is a STEPMOM. Then I got a peck on the cheek, but no happy day wishes. Whatever.

So, I started wondering why the hell I was feeling this way. That is when I realized that I hadn't taken my meds in at least 5 days. Yep, made sure I picked that refill up today. So, for all of you out there wondering in the back of your heads if the meds really do help - they do. I don't like feeling the way I felt the last few days. Hopefully I'll be back to my medicated normal self in a few days!

Until then, stop looking at me like that you fucktard before you make me cry and then I'll have to kick your ass!

16 Comments:

  • At May 15, 2006 8:48 PM, Blogger Ubermilf said…

    I'm afraid I'll have to give you a point for that last comment.

     
  • At May 16, 2006 10:13 AM, Blogger Spirit Of Owl said…

    There's nothing like a good fun family get together to remind us why we have to keep taking the tablets.... :)

     
  • At May 16, 2006 10:38 AM, Blogger ilaiy said…

    I own a dell and they are pretty good .. Keep your warranty as long as you own the machine ..

    ./thanks
    ilaiy

     
  • At May 16, 2006 11:01 AM, Blogger Melanie was here said…

    Ubie - I'll take that point. I believe I am now the point leader! Yeah for me.

    Spirit - Amen, brother! I want to keep enjoying those days, not muddling through in a daze and funk.

    iliay - thanks! I'll definitely let you all know how I like the new Dell. I'm pretty excited!

     
  • At May 16, 2006 2:19 PM, Blogger Ubermilf said…

    At first I thought ilaiy said he owned a deli, which got me all excited. I love food.

     
  • At May 16, 2006 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome to my world Mel! I am actually in the process now of switching meds due to overwhelming side effects... This means I heave to wean off of the 2 that I'm on, and then start a whole new one... It's going to be a bumpy week... And when I was on Lexapro, I could totally feel the difference after not taking them for a day or two...

     
  • At May 16, 2006 3:27 PM, Blogger Melanie was here said…

    Ubie - I think he does own a deli and uses his dell to contact new dehli.

    Nan - it sucks. The disturbing thing is how quickly I felt like I did before the meds....anxious, irritable, angry, sad all at once and overwhelmingly so. Anyway, hang in there!

     
  • At May 17, 2006 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You hang in as well... One day we'll be ok with out them!

     
  • At May 18, 2006 11:36 AM, Blogger Ubermilf said…

    Melanie, get back here and post THIS INSTANT.

     
  • At May 18, 2006 5:32 PM, Blogger Lo Lo Lova said…

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU MELANIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At May 26, 2006 9:55 AM, Blogger Lo Lo Lova said…

    Or not.
    Whatever.
    I'm breezy

     
  • At May 26, 2006 9:56 AM, Blogger Lo Lo Lova said…

    I don't know. Maybe I'm just getting my period.

     
  • At May 26, 2006 9:57 AM, Blogger Lo Lo Lova said…

    "Outgoing message has been changed"

     
  • At May 26, 2006 9:58 AM, Blogger Lo Lo Lova said…

    "Outgoing message has been changed"

     
  • At May 26, 2006 10:06 AM, Blogger Melanie was here said…

    I LOVE LO LO

    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

     
  • At May 26, 2006 10:29 AM, Blogger Lo Lo Lova said…

    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

     

Post a Comment

<< Home