My Therapist Claims There's Hope

He also said Nick is a puss infected SLUT.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Anyone seen me? Here I am!

Sorry I've been absent. Been pretty busy. I know, no excuse. I sure wish I had something brilliant or hilarious to write about, but I don't. Unless you consider Sophie puking some God awful nastiness into her cage one of those (by the way Dave is bowling tonight so he'll have a nice little surprise waiting for him to clean up when he gets home).

Speaking of bowling, had the bowling meeting last night where we go over the rules (said rules haven't changed in like 50 years, so you can obviously see the importance of reading through them. One by one. Every word). Can't believe bowling starts next Wednesday. Truly the end of summer. And prepare yourselves now, I will bitch every week about having to bowl but I really do like it. I bowl with my Mom (this was originally her team with her friends but they've dropped out over the years), my sister Jen, my stepdaughter Jen, and my best friend Tammy. So, pretty cool that I get to see them every week. We have two great subs, who are two of my wonderful friends, in Sue and Carly. Should be a good year!

Here is some shocking news. Maija, my granddaughter, will turn 1 tomorrow. Holy crap people. Seems like just yesterday we were anxiously awaiting news of her birth, gathering at the hospital to meet her and instantly falling in love with her. I didn't actually get to hold her, or even touch her, until a few days later (long story not worth telling), but the second I saw her I was smitten. Hard to believe I could love her any more, but boy do I. Hopefully Jen (her link is over there on the side) will actually blog (LY, MI) and put some pics on there in honor of our little pumpkin's big day!

In other news, Ohio State kicks off their season this Saturday. I (Dave will be working) am having some people over (so far Sue, Brian and Squirt) to watch the Buckeyes kick some major ass. Too bad Carly, possibly the world's biggest OSU fan can't be here. Some stupid family thing. And Nancy and Jami both have other committents. You guys will be missed but rest assured we will drink your share of the beer-o.

Also, in case you forgot, Nick is a slut.

Our newest additions, namely Gianna and Andrew, or both doing well. The bowling team gathered last night at Red Robin to celebrate (or mourn) the beginning of another never ending bowling season. It was Andrew's first dinner out, and he was the only male! Lucky guy. We took pictures of Gianna and Andrew together so when they get married we can put that picture on their wedding cake. Awesome.

I think our yard is being installed next week. I sure will miss the mud pit which is our "yard" now. Great for pigs, not so great for doggies, though I think Sophie is, in fact, part pig.

Go Bucks!!

P.S. Ubie and Lo Lo, thank you for the Haiku, I heart you.

5 Comments:

  • At August 31, 2006 9:54 PM, Blogger Ubermilf said…

    Nick's sac smells.

    You know what I like best about Ohio State? Every time they beat Michigan, my ex is disappointed. And so, most likely, is his most recent boyfriend.

     
  • At September 01, 2006 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I will indeed miss the fun, but have promised mom a dog free day! I have plans to try and watch the air show from my balcony while trying to keep the fact that I have a dog in my apartment unknown, and also while packing the last of my things into boxes... Yeah.. fun... I think i would rather watch football... Who am I kidding... I love packing!

     
  • At September 02, 2006 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey was just rolling thru wanted to let ya know ya got a cool blog here Nice Job.

     
  • At September 02, 2006 9:32 PM, Blogger Scarlet Hip said…

    Hey grandma!!

     
  • At September 06, 2006 10:36 PM, Blogger Melanie was here said…

    Thanks, Lo Lo. You should kick him there anyway, though I bet he'd like it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home