My Therapist Claims There's Hope

He also said Nick is a puss infected SLUT.

Monday, September 18, 2006

The winds of change are blowin'.

Fall is definitely upon us here in northeastern Ohio. This is my absolute favorite season. The leaves change and are gorgeous, there is just a slight chill in the air that a sweater takes care of. The smells are wonderful. Usually you can hear a chainsaw on a Saturday morning getting their winter wood supply ready. I wish I could live somewhere where it is fall all year. Spring is too wet, winter is too cold, and summer is too hot. Fall is perfection.

I also love fall because it signals the beginning of the school year and, as I think I've mentioned before, I am a school supply junkie. I can't tell you how excited I was every year to pick out my new Trapper Keeper, and pens and pencils and paper (I still remember getting my first pack of narrow ruled!!). Now I just roam those aisles and check it out, never purchasing anything. A little sad? Yes. A lot pathetic? Hell yes.

Well folks, if you need me I'll be sitting on the deck with Dave and a glass of wine with our new chiminea watching the leaves fall and trying to soak up the last bits of sunlight.


Random Weekend Wrap-up Stuff
Our Friday night volleyball team made it to the semi-finals. We got our asses handed to us. I think we wore ourselves trash talking for a week. Also, we clearly did not drink enough before the games. Robbie - hope you are feeling better.

Saturday was Rachel's birthday party. It kicked ass. Some hottie young dude asked me how old I was and when I told him to guess he guessed 24! I told him I loved him and walked away before he could change his guess.

I learned that persistance pays off. Jami finally flashed me! Thanks woman, now I really feel like part of the group!

6 Comments:

  • At September 19, 2006 2:29 AM, Blogger Fella said…

    I don't know what kind of backwoods town you live in, but school starts in August for the rest of us. August, as you might know, is in the Summer.

    Slut.

     
  • At September 19, 2006 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fall is my favorite season too... I love having all the windows open, and letting the house cool off! It was almost enough to make me stay in bed, but just not quite enough.

     
  • At September 19, 2006 9:21 AM, Blogger Melanie was here said…

    Ubie - don't cry!

    Nick - bite me. School starts at the very end of August, like the last week which is almost September which is fall. Megaslut.

    Casper - We've had the windows open for over a month. It's great!

     
  • At September 19, 2006 1:13 PM, Blogger Fella said…

    She wasn't crying, the smell of you overwhelmed her.

     
  • At September 19, 2006 1:16 PM, Blogger Melanie was here said…

    He's right, I smell that good!

     
  • At September 20, 2006 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mel said "wood." The smell is Don Pablo's. The chain saw is mine. WE will soon have to mow grass, meaning me. I'm not bitching. I just care more.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home