My Therapist Claims There's Hope

He also said Nick is a puss infected SLUT.

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Boy howdy that pisses me off.

**Editor's Note: This post was inspired by actual people. This post was actually written in my head last night after one such person's insensitive comments. Instead of punching him in the mouth, I went home and created the following.

My biggest pet peeve is racism. Without a doubt, it sends me over the edge every time I am exposed to it. I am getting incredibly tired of my “friends” and their “I’m not racist, but….” comments. I also don’t understand why race is a factor when telling a story only when the person in the story is not white. Why the fuck do I have to know that the lady at the grocery store who had to have a price check was black or yellow or red or purple? If she was white, it wouldn’t be a factor. No one ever says, “Yeah, this white bitch cut me off on the turnpike this morning.”

Perhaps coming from a mixed family I am somewhat overly sensitive, but I don’t think that is the only reason it bothers me. I just find it completely unnecessary and I really don’t understand it. As I have said in previous posts, I don’t see color or race, I only see people. It baffles me that one race can hate another race based solely on the color of one’s skin, or shape of one’s eyes, or color of one’s hair. How can you hate me if you don’t even know me?

I know, I know….I am being naïve thinking that this will ever end. It won’t, sadly. Since the beginning of time people have apparently had this need to hate others, dominate others, enslave others, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

Well, I’m done with it. The next time I am with anyone who exhibits racism, even if prefaced with the above-noted disclaimer, they are going to get an ear full, and my foot up their arse.

And for the record, it does offend me when I’m referred to disdainfully as a “born again,” as if that makes me a freak. I believe in God. I really like God a lot, and I’m not going to let anyone else try to make me feel like I’m a freak because of it. So, God – no worries, I think you rock.

I think I am going to sign everyone up for a course down at the local learning annex in tolerance and understanding. We can even stop for pizza and sodas after.

Peace :-)

28 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home