My Therapist Claims There's Hope

He also said Nick is a puss infected SLUT.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Slight change in plans

Well, we've had a slight change in plans. We thought we'd have two little girls in about 3-4 weeks. Instead, it looks like we'll be having two little girls this coming week. We went to the doctor on Friday and after an ultrasound, non-stress test and some other testing, he advised us to plan to deliver next week. Um, WHAT? Needless to say, we were both pretty surprised. We had always known that they might come a bit early, but since all has been going so well we sort of figured we'd go full term, which would be 36-37 weeks.

Baby A weighed in at 3 lbs 8 oz and Baby B weighed in at 2 lbs 6 oz by ultrasound. The concern is that Baby B isn't growing as much as her sister. My doctor put me on bedrest and we go back on Tuesday for another round of testing. He told me to bring my bag in case he decides to take them Tuesday. It will be a C-section since they are so tiny and to reduce any stress on them. I don't care either way as long as they are healthy.

Dave and I have been on an emotional roller coaster. We are just so worried about our girls and want them to be healthy. I don't know the last time I've cried so often. We have loads of prayers going up for us, so I feel better knowing that.

We had our hospital tour today and Dave pushed me in a wheel chair. That was quite the experience! It was reasurring to see where the babies will be cared for, and a nurse in the NICU was kind enough to give us a private tour of that area and answer all of our questions.

So, I'm going to continue lying about and we will keep you posted after the doctor's appointment on Tuesday.

4 Comments:

  • At January 14, 2008 2:45 PM, Blogger Ubermilf said…

    A friend of ours had a 2 lb. 2 oz baby. I won't go into the problems, but I am happy to say the story has a happy ending.

    That kid is not only healthy, but robust, and smart as a whip! He'll be 3 in May.

    Don't be scared. And don't be surprised in the littler twin not only catches up, but winds up being the taller of the two when they grow up!

    Also, Moxie got skunked in the middle of the night (she's on prednisone for allergic reaction to a spider bite, and it makes her pee more often. Like, at 12:30 a.m. When she got skunked.)

    Dilf's on a business trip, so that left me at 1 a.m. to handle it.

    Nick thinks it's funny. I think he's an ass.

     
  • At January 15, 2008 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Our love and prayers are with you, Dave, and the girls! :)

     
  • At January 16, 2008 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just in case Mel does not get back to all the loyal readers, Tuesdays' doctor visit was good news with a "Come back Friday but leave your bag in the car."

     
  • At January 18, 2008 1:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    We are thinking of you every day.

    I know it will turn out, you deserve the best possible outcome.

    I am blogging again, so if you need a distraction, check me out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home