My Therapist Claims There's Hope

He also said Nick is a puss infected SLUT.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

What did you say???


As you may or may not know, I work for a doctor. Big whoop. Part of my job is to bring patients back to meet with him. Sometimes is sucks because then you put a face with a name and if they don't make it, it can be sad. Sometimes it is fun because you get really cool patients who laugh and joke with you. Yesterday I was bringing this really crabby, smart ass patient back. He was in a wheel chair and his wife was wheeling him. His bitching started immediately when she took a bump too fast and apparently caused his nuts to smack together.

I went into the waiting room and called his name. When he answered I said "Hi, I'm Melanie and I'm going to take you back to meet Dr. Pepper*."

He responds, "Oh, there really IS a Dr. Pepper?"
I want to kick him in his 500lb leg, but I resist the urge and smile politely.

"Yes sir, and if you come with me I'll take you to meet him."

I then have to hear how they have been at the hospital for like 20 hours for testing.
I want to yell BULLSHIT, but I resist the urge.

They finally go in and meet with Dr. Pepper. Of course they are sweet as pie with him. They come out all smiles. Whatever.

As I'm showing him and his wife how to get out of the office area the patient says "He seems like a really nice guy. He is a nice guy?"

I respond with a hearty "Yes, he is a really nice man to work for and a very good surgeon."

The patient says off-handedly "Would you let him do you?"

My mouth dropped and I said in my best you've just offended me tone "Excuse me??"

His wife turns bright red.

He says "No, no. I mean would you let him operate on you?"

As my face turned bright red I said "Of course, yes I would let him operate on me."

I am still embarrassed thinking about it!


So, how was your day?


*(names changed to protect the innocent)

35 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home