My Therapist Claims There's Hope

He also said Nick is a puss infected SLUT.

Friday, May 13, 2005

Lick it, lick it good.

I was reminded of this story last night when I was out to dinner with my peeps. It was a few months ago and we had our friends the Storks over for dinner. We decided to just order pizza and wings from the local pizza shop. I order pizza for everyone – probably pepperoni or something. I order for me my favorite pizza of all time. It is a white Hawaiian. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. It is the garlic butter sauce instead of red sauce and it is topped with 3 cheeses, ham and pineapple. YUMMY. We wait the 45 minutes to an hour for our delivery (which is baffling to me as I used to work in a pizza place and I know that it takes approximately 12 minutes for the pizza to cook and we live about 4 minutes from the pizza shop, but whatever). The pizza finally arrives. With great anticipation I pay the delivery guy and carry my pizza to the kitchen. I take a slice, slather it with hot sauce and take a bite. WHAT THE HELL?! It has red sauce instead of white. OH I AM PISSED NOW (it doesn’t take much when I’m hungry). My hand trembles as I reach for the phone to call and report this injustice and request a replacement pizza ASAP. Some little prom queen wannabe answers the phone. I have to force myself to remain calm while I explain to her the problem. Her solution? Offer me a store credit. I DO NOT WANT A STORE CREDIT, I WANT MY PHUCKING WHITE HAWAIIAN PIZZA AND I WANT IT NOW. In my most diplomatic, honey I want to reach through this phone and strangle you but I’m not going to voice I explain that what I would really like is the correct pizza. She seems shocked by this. She offers to get her manager, who is likely smoking pot in the parking lot – not that I’m judging. So Manager Asswipe gets on the phone and asks what the problem is. My entire body is now shaking, I am covered in a thin layer of sweat and I believe one of my eyes has exploded. In my oh-so-sweet fake voice I explain what the problem is. He offers a store credit. My other eye explodes. I calmly tell him that I don’t want a store credit, I want the correct pizza. He finally concedes to send out the correct pizza, but quite rudely tells me that I will have to send back the wrong pizza with the delivery guy. Oh, you’ll get your pizza don’t you worry. I hang up the phone. My friends are looking at me as if I have 4 heads. Without a word I pick up the pizza box and start licking the pizza*. All of the pizza. Every slice. Some of them twice. Enjoy your pizza delivery phuck ups!

*for those of you worried about the poor schleps who ate the Melified pizza, don’t. I have no diseases, sexually transmitted or otherwise. They just got a little free saliva with their GD red sauce.

12 Comments:

  • At May 13, 2005 10:54 AM, Blogger Lo Lo Lova said…

    This is a great story! Why would they want the pizza back? It's not like they can use it for a "write-off."

    Don't you love the 17 year old store managers? They get the job DONE.

     
  • At May 13, 2005 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    now you need to tell the story from last night as to why you were reminded of this story...and correct me if i'm wrong but someone at our table ate your burger right?

     
  • At May 13, 2005 4:16 PM, Blogger Melanie was here said…

    OK, what promted this story.....last night we went to dinner at Burgers and Beers in downtown Willoughby. I ordered a simple cheeseburger with swiss cheese. That's it. No special instructions. The waitress, who was a little ray of sunshine (that is dripping with sarcasm, by the way) brings me a Burger Boy which is a burger with lettuce and some spuz-like "special sauce" that is clearly mayo based (I hate mayo). I reminded her that I just wanted a cheeseburger w/swiss but would try to eat this one. Well, there was just too much spunk on it and I couldn't. Before she brought my new burger, I, um, licked the old burger. And yes, someone at our table at some of it. I don't think I licked it nearly as well as I did the pizza. Yeah, I am such a lady, and quite the catch!

     
  • At May 14, 2005 12:04 PM, Blogger Ubermilf said…

    I am so happy I could cry. After reading so many blogs written by weepy, overly sentimental, humorless women, I have found some soul-mates in you and Lo Lo. Intelligent. Angry. Foul-mouthed. Sorry, I can't continue... choked with emotion.

     
  • At May 15, 2005 9:12 AM, Blogger John said…

    We just threw away the pizza you sent back. However when we delivered the one with the correct "white sauce" it seemed the perfect opportunity to add a little of our own "special white sauce."

    -Pizza guy

     
  • At May 16, 2005 9:17 AM, Blogger Melanie was here said…

    Ubermilf - no crying in blogging! Glad you found us too, the world can use more funny angry women.

    John, I mean "Pizza Guy" - I thought that sauce was a little, um, salty.

     
  • At May 16, 2005 2:22 PM, Blogger Ubermilf said…

    I've had this taste in my mouth before...

     
  • At May 16, 2005 2:29 PM, Blogger Melanie was here said…

    As I am certain my husband will unhappily report, it is a rare, rare occassion that I have had this taste in my mouth. Sorry honey!

     
  • At May 18, 2005 1:56 PM, Blogger Lo Lo Lova said…

    Mel, you're just mad because you wanted the spooge sauce on the side.

    Ubermilf, you are awesome. Mel and I would love to have you over for some cocktails! NO PUN INTENDED :)

     
  • At May 18, 2005 1:58 PM, Blogger Melanie was here said…

    Spooge on the side. Oy, the thought makes me shudder.

    Ubermilf - totally with Lo Lo. We should plan a happy hour. What is half way between Cleveland and Chicago? And don't fear for your safety, Lo Lo hasn't been busted stalking anyone since she started those classes!

     
  • At May 18, 2005 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    About your husband. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

     
  • At May 18, 2005 4:05 PM, Blogger Melanie was here said…

    Well anonymous, I will consider your suggestion, but will not promise anything!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home