My Therapist Claims There's Hope

He also said Nick is a puss infected SLUT.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

A blast from the past

Laura “Did I ever tell you about my bachelorette party?”
Melanie “No, did I ever tell you about mine? You know, the one at fucking K-Mart?”

This whole conversation started because I am planning my sister’s bachelorette party and getting a bit stressed about it because no one will help make a decision. Anyway, Laura said we should blog about our respective parties, so here goes.

My wedding party consisted of me (obviously), my best friend at the time D who was 8 months pregnant by the wedding, my sister J, my sister S who was underage, my stepdaughter J who was underage and my good friend from work P who was 40 and didn’t drink (I was 24 when I got married, by the way).

Now, this was my first wedding, mine or otherwise, so I didn’t know how this stuff worked. Apparently they were supposed to plan a bachelorette party. My NOW best friend offered to help, even though she wasn’t in the wedding party. They thanked her, but said they had a handle on it.

We went to The Wine Press, which was a restaurant located under a bowling alley, for dinner. It was nice. I think I had a beer, maybe two at the most. Don’t think anyone else drank since they were either very pregnant, underage, or didn’t drink. And by the way, no one outside the wedding party was invited.

After dinner, for some reason we decide to go to K-Mart. For what I can’t remember. We fuck around there for an hour or so, and then GO HOME. No strippers. No t-shirts with life savers for people to suck off. No veil. No blow up doll chained to my arm. Dinner, K-Mart and home.

I don’t blame any of my girls for this, for the record. ½ were too young to know any better and the other ½ were too stupid to know any better. It does bum me out when I think about it because we didn’t have that last girl’s night hoorah. Especially when I remember that my husband’s bachelor party took him to a strip club where he was tied up and hit with his own belt, and his underwear were ripped. He is lucky to have me because a lot of women I know would not have dealt with that shit.

Anyway, that is the story of my bachelorette party at K-Mart. Blue fucking light special and all.

31 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home